欢迎来到新航道官网!英语高能高分,就上新航道!

咨询热线:075583066668

新航道深圳学校 > 雅思 > 雅思口语 > 雅思口语Part3主题分享: Feminism女权主义 Gender equality性别平等

雅思口语Part3主题分享: Feminism女权主义 Gender equality性别平等

来源:新航道深圳学校    浏览:    发布日期:2023-07-31 17:04:13

首页
    be asking for special treatment 在要求优待
 
    If you say "woman," people on the other end of the table think you're asking for special treatment, or complaining.如果你说「女性」,桌子另一端的人会觉得你在要求优待,或者要抱怨。
 
    sue sb.  起诉某人
 
    Or worse, about to sue them. And so I went through.或者更糟的是,以为你要起诉他们 这些我都经历过。
 
    people above me are men上级们全是男人
 
    I came out of college over 20 years ago,  and I thought that all of my peers were men and women, all the people above me were all men, but that would change.二十多年前我大学毕业时我想所有同辈有男有女 而上级们全是男人,但这种现象总有一天要改变的。
 
    fight for equality 争取两性平等
 
    Your generation had done such an amazing job fighting for equality. 你们这代人已经做了那么多 了不起的事以争取两性平等。
 
    end your business career 毁掉你的职业生涯
 
    a serious business executive 企业高阶主管
 
    It will end your business career. You cannot be a serious business executive and speak about being a woman.   这样会毁掉你的职业生涯 你不能身为一个企业高阶主管, 同时谈论你是一个女人 。
 
    be taken seriously不会被重视
 
    You'll never be taken seriously again.别人以后都不会重视你。
 
    cling to my leg抱着我的大腿
 
    Yesterday my daughter was clinging to my leg, and Don't go.昨天我女儿抱着我的大腿,喊:别走。
 
    get more women into leadership roles为更多女性争取领导职位
 
    And you said yes, because if you want to talk about getting more women into leadership roles,you have to be honest about how hard it is.而你说是的, 因为如果我要谈到为更多女性争取领导职位就必须坦诚那是多么艰难的。
 
    work together towards real equality 一起为真正的平等而努力
 
    So that other women can be more open and honest,and all of us can work together towards real equality.从而让其他女性也能更开放坦诚,这样我们大家就可以 一起为真正的平等而努力。
 
    one of the most striking parts about the book这本书 最引人注目的其中一点
 
    hit such a nerve引起如此大的轰动
 
    is resonating around the world 在全世界得到共鸣
 
    I think that one of the most striking parts about the book,and in my opinion, one of the reasons it's hit such a nerve and is resonating around the world is that you are personal in the book, and that you do make it clear that.     我认为这本书 最引人注目的其中一点。在我看来,它能引起如此大的轰动、 在全世界得到共鸣的其中一个原因就是你写的是自己 你把这点写得很清楚。
 
    be offered a really big promotion at work得到一个很好的晋升机会
 
    I got this great one of the first letters I got was from a woman who said that she was offered a really big promotion at work, and she turned it down. 我收到大量的 — 收到的第一封信来自一位女性,她说得到一个很好的晋升机会 但她拒绝了。
 
    hand her husband the grocery list把超市购物单递给丈夫
 
    And so she watched this TED Talk, and she went back the next day, she took the job,she went home, and she handed her husband the grocery list.
 
    结果她看了这场 TED 演说后 第二天回去就接受那份新工作回到家,把超市购物单递给丈夫。
 
    women in the corporate world企业界的女性
 
    And what really mattered to me-it wasn't only women in the corporate world,even though I did hear from a lot of them, and it did impact a lot of them,it was also people of all different circumstances.对我来说真正重要的是 并不只是企业界的女性。尽管我听闻她们受到很多影响-而且大家在各种情况下也被影响了。
 
    encourage women to raise their hands鼓励女生多举手
 
    So he started paying attention, and as he waited for raised hands, he realized the men's hands were up.     So he started encouraging the women to raise their hands more,  and it still didn't work.   所以他开始注意,每当学生回答问题而发现只有男生举手时。他就鼓励女生多举手然而这没什么用。
 
    be cold-calling点名
 
    So he told everyone, no more hand raising, I'm cold-calling.那么他和所有人说 不要举手了,我来点名。
 
    call evenly on men and women流点名男生和女生
 
    So he could call evenly on men and women. And what he proved to himself was that thewomen knew the answers just as well or better,and he was able to go back to them and tell them that. 然后轮流点名男生和女生,他发现女生的答案和 男生的一样好甚至更好。然后他就回去告诉她们。
 
    stereotypes偏見
 
    hold women back from leadership roles阻碍女性取得领导角色
 
    What we know is that stereotypes are holding women back from leadership roles all over the world. 我们知道性別偏見阻碍女性取得领导角色 ,这现象遍布全球。
 
    be strong, assertive, aggressive, have voice该强壮、武断、进取, 有自己的想法
 
    All over the world, no matter what our cultures are, we think men should be strong, assertive, aggressive, have voice; we think women should speak when spoken to, help others.在世界上任何地方 无論我們的文化是什么,我们都认为男人该强壮、武断、进取 ,有自己的想法。我们认为女性只有其他人跟她说话时 才该说话,要帮助他人。
 
    bossy专横跋扈的
 
    Now we have, all over the world, women are called bossy. There is a word for bossy, for little girls, in every language there's one.如今在任何地方,我们都听到女人被称为专横跋扈。这个形容小女孩的词汇 在每一种语言里也存在。
 
    be pretty much not used for little boys很少用在男孩子身上
 
    It's a word that's pretty much not used for little boys, because if a little boy leads, there's no negative word for it.这个词却很少用在男孩子身上因为没人会反对男孩子发号施令。
 
    be too aggressive at work工作太有野心
 
    Please raise your hand if you've been told you're too aggressive at work.如果曾经有人说你工作太有野心请举手吧。
 
    judge them through a different lens用不同的视角去衡量他们
 
    It's just that we judge them through a different lens,and a lot of the character traits that youmust exhibit to perform at work, to get results, to lead, are ones that we think, in a man, he's a boss, and in a woman, she's bossy. 只是我们用不同的视角去衡量他们有很多工作上需要的性格特征 比如行动力、领导力。对于男人来说,他是一个老板;对于女人来说,她就是专横的。
 
    has executive leadership skills 有行政领导能力
 
    And so next time you all see someone call a little girl bossy, you walk right up to that person, big smile, and you say: That little girl's not bossy. That little girl has executive leadership skills.下一次,你们看见有人说 一个小姑娘专横跋扈时你要走上前去,笑着告诉那人: 这个女孩不是专横, 她有行政领导能力。
 
    have more open doors有更多机会
 
    get to the leadership positions得到领导职位
 
    I mean, let's just put it out there, face the fact that women are in a time when we have more open doors, and more opportunities are still not getting to the leadership positions. 我想说让我们把它放在那里 ,面对这样的现实。我们的时代有更多机会和选择。但女性仍旧无法得到领导职位。
 
    be paid as much as the men和男性薪酬平等
 
    So everywhere I go, CEOs, they're mostly men, say to me, you're costing me so much money because all the women want to be paid as much as the men.无论我去到哪里,首席执行官们 他们大部分是男性,都跟我说你让我支出大增因为所有女性都希望和男性薪酬平等。
 
    ask for raises争取加薪
 
    Everywhere I go, women tell me they ask for raises.不论走到哪里,女性们都告诉我要争取加薪。
 
    be left over剩女
 
    help them define who they are for themselves帮助她们定义自己的人生
 
    These women are 29, they are told by their society that they are left over,  because they are not yet married,   and the process of coming together once a month at a meeting is helping them define who they are for themselves.   她们 29 岁,被社会称为剩女。因为还没有结婚。而每月一次的聚会帮助她们定义自己的人生。
 
    find life on her own terms寻找自己生命的意义
 
    They are told to marry someone she doesn't want to marry, can now go meet once a month with a group of people and refuse that, and find life on her own terms.被劝说嫁给自己并不想嫁的人。现在每月和其他人约一次聚会 抵制那些的劝说并且寻找自己生命的意义。
 
    anticipate the barriers, and recognize them了解和认识那些阻碍
 
    They need to look at this, anticipate the barriers, and recognize them, put them out in the open, have the dialogue about it,她们需要看看,了解和认识那些阻碍。把阻碍写出来,并且谈论它.
 
    voice is for men话语权属于男性
 
    And so these messages of equality-of how women are told they can't have what men can have how we assume that leadership is for men, how we assume that voice is for men, these affect all of us, and I think they are very universal. 女性被灌输一种思想:无法得到男性拥有的东西。我们认为领导力属于男性的 我们认为话语权也属于男性这些都影响著我们所有人 而且这种想法相当普遍。
 
    unite all of us把我们团结起来
 
    It unites all of us in a cause we have to believe in,which is more women, more voice, more equality. 它通过一个共同信念把我们团结起来即是更多女性、更多声音、更平等。
 
    status quo现实状况
 
    I want to say that the status quo is not enough.我想说的是,现实状况并不理想。
 
    be stagnating在停滞不前
 
    We are stagnating in so many ways.我们一直在各方面停滞不前。
 
    feminist女权主义者
 
    We shy away from the word feminist, a word I really think we need to embrace. 我们羞于女权主义者这个词汇 我却认为应该欣然接受它。
 
    do a lot more leaning in需要向前一步
 
    And we all need to do a lot more leaning in.我们全部都需要向前一步。
联系我们icon
  • 关注新航道深圳学校动态

    关注新航道动态

客服热线
0755-8306-6668
集团客服热线
0755-8306-6668

罗湖校区:罗湖区鸿隆世纪广场A座8楼

南山校区:南山区科兴路10号科技园文化广场2楼

福田校区:福田区福中一路瑞思CC-times商场L3-01号铺