look like the back end of a bus 看上去很丑 (公交车背后都是排气管,尾气啥的,多丑呀)
Lucy gave her boyfriend a breakup because she said the boy looks like the back end of a bus. 露西跟男朋友说分手了,因为她说这个男生长得太丑了。
If I looked like the back end of a bus, no company would hire me. 如果我看起来好丑,没有公司会雇佣我的。
be loved up 坠入爱河
----Lucy,you're so loved up right now.露西,你现在完全坠入爱河了!
----I think so, cuz my new boyfriend is perfect, especially his side face! 我也觉得,因为我的新男友太完美了, 尤其是侧脸。
a dinosaur 过时的人
He's a dinosaur when it comes to modern technology.在谈到现代科技的时候,他真是个恐龙。
Lucy doesn't know what twitter is , she's just a dinosaur. 露西连推特是啥都不知道,真是个过时的人。
water off a duck's back 批评或是消极的事情对你没有任何影响(因为鸭子的羽毛是油性的,水冲上去影响不了)
I told John not to drive so fast but it was like water off a duck's back. 我告诉约翰不要开太快,不过那根本没起作用。
I won't give up on my singing career just because someone said I'm no good. Criticism is water off a duck's back to me!我不会因为有人说我唱得不够好而放弃我的歌唱事业。指责对我毫无影响!
The teacher kept telling the kids not to bang doors but it was like water off a duck's back.老师再三告诫孩子们不要把门关的砰砰响,但老师的话对他们来说如同耳旁风。