1. an art appreciator 对艺术感兴趣的人
To tell the truth, I'm not much of an art appreciator. But my dad's a big patron/?pe?tr?n/ of the arts. He likes to support a lot of local artists. 说实话,我对艺术不是很感兴趣,但我爸爸却是个十足的艺术赞助者。他特别热衷赞助本地的艺术工作者。
2. be a dab hand at something 是个做某事的好手
Well, I'm not so good at painting but I'm a dab hand at drawing. I really enjoy sketching /'sket?i?/ and I'm also quite good at etching/?et???/ . 我不擅长油画,但我比较擅长素描。我很喜欢素描,也很擅长蚀刻。
3. a thespian/?θespi?n/演员
I wasn't so good at painting or dancing, but I enjoyed acting a great deal. When I was a kid, it was my dream to become a famous thespian. 我不是很擅长画画或者跳舞。但我常常表演。我小时候就梦想成为一个演员。
4. have two left feet 笨手笨脚,极其笨拙
Have you tried to learn dancing?你尝试过学习跳舞吗?
---No way! I completely have two left feet. 怎么可能呢,我笨手笨脚的。
5. cubism /?kju?b?z?m/立体派
Inside our restaurant, you’ll find paintings that are good examples of cubism. 饭店内,你会欣赏到立体主义画派的优秀作品。
impressionism/?m?pre??n?z?m/ 印象派(19世纪下半叶兴起于法国的绘画风格,主要表现光与色的效果,不着眼于准确的细节)
impressionist landscapes 印象派风景画
6. sculptures 雕塑 sculpting 雕刻
a marble sculpture of Venus 维纳斯的大理石雕像
He collects modern sculpture. 他收藏现代雕塑