1. 释义：used when you are emphasizing a fact by saying what the result of it is
例句：She was so tired that she almost fell asleep at the dinner table.
3. The new regulations have so complicated the process of formulating a school budget to where no one on the Board of Education is eager to undertake the task. （真题：06年10月）
A. budget to where
B. budget, therefore
C. budget, even
D. budget as
E. budget that
2. 释义：and so=and therefore
例句：Madeira has an ideal climate, and so it is not surprising that it has become a tourist paradise.
有的同学只知道so是连词，因此看到and so的时候，会觉得是两个连词一起使用，任务是错误用法。其实在and so这个搭配中，and是连词，so是副词。请看题：
4. Fabric was very expensive in the United States before the Industrial Revolution, this is why scraps were saved and recycled into such items as patchwork quilts and doll clothes. （真题：09年1月）
A. Revolution, this is why
B. Revolution, this explains why
C. Revolution, and so
D. Revolution and so that
E. Revolution; resulting in
3. so...as to：used when you are emphasizing a fact by saying what the result of it is
5. Cuban music was so popular in (A) the Colombian city of Cali thus becoming (B) the basis for (C) the dance scene that predominated (D) there during the 1940s. No error (E) （真题：10年1月）
此题答案为B，应该为as to become，以与前面的so构成搭配。
4. 同级比较的否定结构中：not so...as
6. The director valued the actor not so much for his broad commercial appeal but because he approached every role with passion and intelligence. （真题：08年5月）
(A) but because he approached every role with passion and intelligence
(B) but because of his approaching every role with passion and intelligence
(D) but for being passionate and intelligent in approaching every role
(D) as for him approaching every role passionately and intelligently
(E) as for his passionate and intelligent approach to every role
此题答案为E，as与句中的not so构成比较结构，as后的for与not so后面的for构成平行。
5. (just) as ... so ...：formal used to compare two people or things, when they are similar
例句：Just as the French love their wine, so the English love their beer.
7. Just as Ireland has produced many famous writers and the Netherlands on abundance of famous painters, so Finland has provided a large number of famous architects. （OG：第七套题）
(A) so Finland has provided a large number of famous architects
(B) Finland provides famous architects, and by large numbers
(C) Finland’s contribution is to provided famous architects in a large number
(D) and so then, for Finland, a large number of famous architects is provided
(E) and like them Finland has provided a large number of famous architects
1. 释义：for that reason；and therefore
例句：There are no more chairs available, so you'll have to stand.
1. The problem of copyright violation, frequently compounded in certain countries because the sale and use of copyrighted materials are not tightly controlled. （OG：第八套题）
A. violation, frequently compounded in certain countries because
B. violation, frequently compounded in certain countries and
C. violation, frequently compounded in certain countries when
D. violation is frequently compounded in certain countries where
E. violation is frequently compounded in certain countries so
2. 释义：used to say the reason for something
例句：Please be quiet so I can study.
此时也可以使用so that：I'll get a map so that we can plan where to go.
2. My mother always gave my sister and I (A) the same treats when we were little so that (B) neither of us would be (C) jealous of the other (D) . No error (E) （真题：09年10月）